My daughter absolutely loves these!
Fruit Bar Recipe
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of dates
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of raw whole almonds
- 1 tbsp of honey
- a small handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Put the cranberries, dates, oats and honey in a food processor and mix until everything is well chopped (small pieces).
- Crush the almonds separately (almonds will turn to powder in the food processor).
- Mix the crushed almonds with the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Cut small pieces of plastic wrap and have them ready for wrapping the fruit bars.
- Take a handful of the mixture and work it in your hands to form bars (ours are never perfect, they are a different size each time)
- Making the bars is the hardest step because the mixture sticks to your hands. I've added a video to show you how I do this step.
- Once you have a bar, place it on the plastic wrap and start to roll the bar into the plastic, molding the bar as you wrap it.
- Refrigerate the bars to set.
- They should be eaten with 10 days.
|This is what I used, but any brand will do.|
|Almonds from Sam's Club and Wegman's|
|This is what the mixture looks like after|
|Wrapped fruit bars.|
If you don't like dates, you can use other dried fruit. I've made these with dried cherries and it turned out great. You can also use walnuts instead of almonds.
If you make these, stop by again to let me know how you like it. And if you made any changes, I'd love to hear about that too!