Like all of my other lessons, I had to start from scratch, research the material, and put together our lesson.
Basically this is what we did:
- Make a book to keep all of our information
- Review or learn vocabulary related to volcanoes
- Talk about the Earth's layers
- Learn about the 3 types of volcanoes
- Find pictures of each type of volcano and discuss the differences
- Find famous volcanoes that fit into each of the 3 catergories
- Learn about each one
- Compile our book
- Do the science activity - build our own volcano
- Take pictures to include in our volcano book
- Do an oral presentation!
|The volcano mold|
|Mixing the plaster|
|Little houses to decorate around the volcano|
|A graph with important vocabulary|
|The words to know page of our volcano book|
I thought it was a good idea to start learning how to give a presentation, so we included that as the final part of the project.
Happy Homeschooling Adventures!