NavAO

Sunday, December 9, 2012

The best chocolate bark EVER!

I hate to cook...

But I love to bake... especially during the holidays.


I've been on a baking frenzy over the last few days.

Several years ago at a family gathering I had the best chocolate bark EVER. And I just had to have the recipe. Lucky for me, the person who made the bark happens to be an amazing person and shared her recipe with me. I've been making Mrs. Hammond's chocolate bark ever since. I make it every year about this time and I bring it to parties, work gatherings, my kids bring it to school and give it to friends. Everyone loves it. No joke.

I just finished a batch and I can't stop eating it. Before I share this super easy recipe I want to give a shout out to Mrs. Hammond. She is my cousin's wife's mother (try to figure that one out!). She has the best outlook on life of anyone I have ever met.   Seriously.   It is a total joy to know her because she is so genuine and so giving.

Even though we are not technically related, I feel like we are family. Do you have someone like that in your life? Someone who just makes your day better? I hope you do. It's wonderful.

So here is Mrs. Hammond's chocolate bark recipe. I'm sure she would want you to have it!

The best chocolate bark EVER

Ingredients
  • 2 sticks of butter
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • Saltine crackers
  • Chocolate chips
  • nuts (I use whatever I have, usually almonds or walnuts)

Directions
  • Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray it with PAM.
  • Cover the cookie sheet with a layer of saltine crackers.
  • In a sauce pan, melt the butter, then mix in the sugar.
  • Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the crackers.
  • Put it in the oven at 350 F for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
  • Remove from the oven and spread the chocolate chips over the crackers.
  • Turn the oven off and place the cookie sheet back in for about two minutes, just to melt the chocolate.
  • Use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate over all of the crackers.
  • Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
  • Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. I usually leave it in the fridge overnight.
  • Remove from the foil and break into pieces.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin