NavAO

Monday, December 12, 2011

The internet is your friend!

Since I've started to homeschool my first grader, I've done a ton of research on the internet. I mean, when I started homeschooling I had no idea what I was doing. So, naturally, I went to the internet for information, guidance and ideas.

Wow! I have found so much information. It's really incredible. What's more astounding is that every time I search for something, I come up with new pages, websites, etc.

Since I am working with my school district on homeschooling, I have their curriculum as a guideline. I am not interested in buying an online curriculum. Of course, there are alot of paid online curriculum, even schools, and the cost is pretty high. I was really surprised by that.

What I am most interested in is ideas. I want to read what other moms or teachers have done. I also want to be able to share with others what I've done. I'm very happy to say that there are a lot of people out there sharing their teaching ideas. There are so many good, free websites that offer amazing resources for homeschooling parents. I want to help promote some of these sites, so I'm putting together a list of the sites I use most and find most helpful. I will publish my list soon!

Also, if anyone has a site they'd like to promote, please let me know. I will check out the site and if I find it helpful, I will be more than happy to add it to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin