NavAO

Monday, September 24, 2012

Kiwi Crate Review

I was approached recently to test and review a sample crate from Kiwi Crate. After looking into it, I was pretty excited to receive my Kiwi Crate because I knew Buttercup would just love it.

Well, a couple of weeks ago we got our package in the mail and Buttercup wasted no time opening it and exploring everything inside.

The theme of our crate was Dinosaurs! We were elated, since Buttercup is absolutely nuts about Dinosaurs.

 
There are three separate projects; dinosaur fossils, dinosaur feet, and a dinosaur tail. The crate also includes dinosaur cards with basic facts about different types of dinosaurs. These have dinosaur foot prints on the back for a coloring activity. Along with these cards there is a blank one for your child's own foot print!

 
The best part about the Kiwi Crate is that it includes everything your child needs to do the activities, felt, markers, paper, sticks; they even sent us a pair of child safe scissors. I thought that was awesome.




We got to work on  making fossils as our first project. Buttercup rolled out the dough (which will harden to resemble rock) and she used the toy dinosaurs from the crate to make imprints in the dough. Then she used sticks to make her own dinosaur skeleton fossil (instructions included).

 
 
Buttercup couldn't wait to do another activity and chose to make dinosaur feet. She cut felt in different shapes to decorate these little pull string bags that would be used to make the feet. She cut out felt for the dinosaur toes and used markers to decorate. She proudly wore her dinosaur "feet" all day and now they're in her closet next to her other shoes.


 

We can't wait to work on our next project - making the dinosaur tail!

I just love the idea of getting these great projects right in my mail box. I don't have to think about what we're going to do next or to worry if I have the right materials for our project. Kiwi Crate has made mom's life a whole lot easier!!

The Kiwi Crate is geared toward kids between the ages of 3-7. It is $19.99/month with free shipping.(I think that is such a great deal for the amount of stuff you get!) For more information, click here.

Disclosure: I received a sample Kiwi Crate to test out, use and review. The opinions expressed in this review are solely my own. I did not receive any compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin