NavAO

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Happy Racers Review


We listen to music a lot in my house. In my car, I have "Free To Be" in the CD changer. We know all the words to all the songs. My oldest daughter grew up listen to "Peter and the Wolf". I think these types of CDs are great for kids. They are entertaining and educational; and they keep the kids away from the TV.

312294_220334984703344_1314763417_n

So, I was thrilled when I was contacted to review "The Happy Racers". The songs are great! It totally reminded me of "Free to Be" because it is so perfect for a sing along. This is the time I wish I had learned to play the guitar when I was a kid!! I totally envisioned myself playing acoustic guitar and singing these songs with my kids (outside by a campfire, of course!). Oh well, I'll have to settle for the CD!!

The first song on the CD,  "Move Your Body", gets your kids off the couch and dancing around. "I Can Do Anything" is fun and inspirational. Ad there's a great version of The Beatles song, "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da".

The CD started as a family affair when Nathan Meckel wrote a song with his two children. I love that the Nathan even used his own kids' voices for some of the songs. It makes this CD so personal.

I have put this CD in my CD changer along with "Free to Be". We will be listening to this for a long time.

Check their website The Happy Racers!  You can also pick up the CD at Amazon!




Happy Homeschooling Adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin