NavAO

Friday, June 15, 2012

I love summer because...

Wow, there are so many ways to finish that sentence. I love summer because of sunny days, warm nights, catching fireflies, sand in my toes, the sound of waves crashing, watching my kids play outside, my husband's on the grill pizzas. The list goes on and on and I'm sure everyone would finish the sentence in a different way. All great way, I'm sure.

One of the things I didn't mention is that, living in the Northeast, we face long, cold winters which do take their toll on me. I am not a winter person and while I try to make the best of it, I admit, I have a hard time. When spring comes, I rush to put away winter clothes, put on my flip-flops and never look back!

I love the smell of wet grass and the sight of blooming flowers. So this post is an homage to spring, summer, warm days and the beautiful flowers in my garden that welcome me in the morning and brighten my days.




Buttercup chose these because they are her very favorite color!



I love how the colors look against the stained wood!



Buttercup painted this pot and planted the flowers at her Gardening Club for Mother's Day!



My hydrangeas are starting to bloom. Soon they will fill the front yard!


Clematis vine. I just love these so much; they come back year after year and don't require much work at all.


A closer look!

I invite you to leave a comment and finish the sentence...I love summer because...

Happy Homeschooling Adventures!




1 comment:

  1. beautiful! I know what you mean...we are so excited for summer too!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin