NavAO

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Frozen Watermelon Treats


There's nothing more refreshing on a hot summer day than watermelon. We love watermelon here in our house. Last weekend I bought a whole watermelon thinking we were having lots of people over for a barbecue. Well, it turned out to be not so many people and I was left with a lot of watermelon.

I didn't want it to go bad so here's what I did with it. With one simple recipe, I made 3 different watermelon treats: watermelon ice pops, watermelon "italian ice", and watermelon frozen drinks. By the way, I like home made treats (or anything else for that matter) because it is fresh,  healthier and I know all the ingredients going into it. No chemicals, nothing processed!!


Here's the ridiculously simple recipe!!

2 cups of watermelon (no seeds)
1/2 cup filtered water
Fresh Mint leaves
1 tbp of sugar (optional)
Ice cubes (for the frozen drinks only)

Put everything in the blender. Blend well to get the right consistency. Pour into ice pop holders or small dixie cup and freeze. For the frozen drinks, add the ice cubes and blend again to get a "frozen margarita" consistency. Use whole fresh mint leaves to decorate. Serve right away!


Enjoy! and Happy Homeschooling Adventures!

What are some of the frozen treats you like to make at home? Share, please!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! I have 5 children (we also homeschool) and I know they will love them!

    blessings,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are perfect for a hot day. I hope your kids enjoy making and eating them!

      Alessandra

      Delete

LinkWithin