NavAO

Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Recipes around the web!

 
Last week I posted some of my favorite Fall decoration ideas; beautiful things I've seen around blogs that I follow.

As the weather turns colder, I can't help but think about all the yummy comfort foods I love to eat. And there are plenty of great recipes out there and I wanted to share with you some that caught my eye.

One of my favorite things to make when its cold outside is SOUP. You really can't beat soup for that blanket of warmth it provides. This Curried Butternut Squash and Lentil soup has it all, it's got spice, it's creamy, and it's healthy. Check out the recipe at Eat Live Run.



This is a new one for me, Pumpkin Carrot Loaf, but boy doesn't it look good? Recipe via Food and Whine


This next recipe comes from Chocolate Chocolate and More and it's a Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cake. Love it! It's perfect for this time of year. In fact, I think I will make this for Thanksgiving this year just to change things up.


Now, I have to say I'm not a huge rice krispies treat fan, but I thought this Thanksgiving treat over at Meaningful Mama was so cute, I had to share!

 

Here's another fun Halloween treat to make with your kids....zombie eyeball cookies via Life as a Lofthouse.
 
   
 
Loving this idea to carve out bread like a pumpkin and fill it with chili or soup! Check out the recipe at Kellis Retro Kitchen Arts!
 
   
 
Well, folks, that's it for now. I have to get in the kitchen and start trying some of these recipes! In the meantime, I would love, love, love for you to share some of your favorite Fall, Halloween, or Thanksgiving recipes!! 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love any recipe with pumpkin, yum! I saw your post on bloggy moms and following you by email now. I look forward to your future posts :)

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome! I didn't use to be a big fan of pumpkin, but I've grown to really like it.

      On my way over to check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. Yumm! I love all these ideas! They are so creative. :) The Turkey is adorable, and I love the eyeball cookies, and the pumpkin bread idea too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin